September 7, 2020
- Refined Iron Blooms can now be welded together, since they cannot be melted.
August 25, 2020
- Vessels of solidified Metal can now be melted in a Forge
- Charcoal Pits no longer give 0 Charcoal from a single Log (the chance is now ~x% for each log vs 0.x * the number of logs)
- Ceramic Jugs and Glass Bottles filled with any liquid can now be placed on the ground
- Mortar recipe changed from 1 Sand + 100 mB = 16 Mortar to 1 Sand + 250 mB Limewater = 4 Mortar.
- Wounds should no longer prevent you from sleeping unless you are very low on HP.
- Shrubs have a smaller hitbox, so they aren't impassible to the player as often.
- Fixed Palm Tree crash
- Fixed Ceramic Blowpipes pulling Molten Glass out of Vessels of solidified glass
- Fixed ghost items in Stone Hoppers
- Ceramic Vessels now cool properly
- config for item cooling works properly
- various other bugs
August 10, 2020
- Creepers now go to sleep in daylight
- Animals now do not sleep when Leashed to a player
- Fixed Horses crashing while riding them when you're using the correct Forge version (1558)
- Fixed Bags and Vessels tracking temperature when they weren't supposed to
- Ingots don't get temperature when coming out of cooled molds
- Figs can be juiced can and can get Yeasty
- Drinking a Ceramic Bucket of Milk gives an empty ceramic bucket
- Baskets no longer drain water from a Waterskin
- Can't place a Straw Basket inside the same block as another straw basket
August 5, 2020
- Fixed issue with Item Temperature being tracked constantly
- Fixed baby Goats having horns
- Fixed crash when using low durability Knife on a Tree
- Fixed issue with unrefined Grains not losing size during refining if they had Decay
July 30, 2020
- Added ru_RU.lang and zh_CN.lang
- Fixed fall damage when climbing a palm
July 29, 2020
- New Animals: Ibex, Goat, Bighorn Sheep, Warthog, and Peccary
- Added a way to Cook Food in an Oven
- New Fruit Trees: Coconut Palm (drops Palm Wood, not Fruitwood) and Fig Tree
- New Items: Coconut Fruit, Coconut, Coconut Meat, Coconut Shell, Fig
- New Drinks: Fig Juice, Fig Wine, Fig Brandy.
- Generic Bowl crafted from Coconut Shell. Unbreakable. Can be used for Salads and Honey.
- Updated Horse movement mechanics
- Changed how Food temperature works
- The Player's unarmed attack damage has changed from 50 to 25
- Y-value effect on Ambient Temperature won't lower temps below -100° C.
July 18, 2020
- Adjusted how quickly Item Temperature changes so that forging is possible again
- Increased yield of Pitch from boiling Resin from 10 to 50 Pitch per Resin
- Beds now reduce the amount of Hunger and Thirst used during the night -some beds more than others.
- Sinew can now be used as an alternative to String when crafting Drums
- Fixed Waterskin not being refillable
- Fixed grass color variation not spreading across chunks properly and being too intense
- casting from a Ingot Mold (100 units) into a Sheet Mold (200 units) would fill the sheet mold, doubling your metal
- Placing a Mangrove Door would crash the game.
- Mining the corner of a Teepee would dupe materials or drop the Teepee as an item.
- Support Beams would not render properly when placed on Roads
- Mangrove Leaves were not named
- Exploit with Charcoal Pits where placing only one log in a pile resulted in 1 charcoal. Now piles with fewer than 3 logs will give no charcoal.
July 15, 2020
- Shore Biome: A transition between Beach and Ocean
- Salt Swamp Biome: where Swamp and Ocean meet
- Mangrove Trees. Grow in Salt Swamp Biome both on land and in water.
- Seastars and Scallops: Spawn underwater in Shore, Ocean, and Salt Swamp Biomes. Can be gathered and farmed for Food.
- Coral Reefs with Table, Staghorn, Brain, Fan, and Tube Corals. Reefs have a chance to spawn in Chalk Shore Biomes. Coral blocks have a chance to spawn Coral Fish daily.
- Coral Reef Fish: Lined Butterflyfish, Queen Angelfish, Spotted Parrotfish (yellow and pink versions), and Blue Striped Tamarin Wrasse. These Fish stay close to the reef and despawn after 1 day.
- Pitch: a fluid collected from boiling Resin or drained from Charcoal Pits with Stone Hoppers. Can be stored in Barrels, Large Ceramic Vessels, Ceramic Buckets, and Wooden Buckets
- Coracle: a primitive boat crafted from woven Wicker sealed with Pitch
- Wicker: Crafted with an Axe and a Pole. Used to weave the Coracle
- Paddles crafted from Poles and Logs. Used to propel the Coracle
- Alternate Torch recipe: add Stick to Barrel of Pitch
- Waterskin crafted from a Leather Bag, Pitch, and a Horn Tip. Allows partial consumption of contents if Thirst would be filled by less than a full Container.
- Redstone Comparator recipe: Quartz-based Gems (Amethyst, Agate, Jasper, and Opal of normal or better quality) are used in place of Nether Quartz
- Models and animations for the Wild Horse, domesticated Horse, Wild Ass, domesticated Donkey, Mule, and Zebra
- Copper Roof blocks can now be melted down in the Crucible to return Copper
- Blowing Horn recipe now also produces a Horn Tip, which is used as a mouthpiece for the Waterskin
- Stone Hoe Heads can be Knapped in pairs like Stone Knives
- Clay Bowls can be Knapped in pairs as well, producing 4 bowls.
- When a Horse is Saddled, the Saddle now includes the bridle and reins. Rope is no longer required to control a Saddled Horse. It is still used for Taming an unsaddled Horse.
- Horses can now move through Shrubs
- Sprinting is now enabled when riding Horses
- Increased cold tolerance for Grapes. They can now survive all but the most extreme Cold.
- Donkeys now accept 3 Leather Bags to form Saddle Bags instead of carrying Chests.
- Players can now drink Juice, Milk, and fermented Alcohols from Ceramic Jugs and Glass Bottles
- Juices, Milk, and fermented Alcohols now restore Hunger (based on caloric value) and Nutrition (fruit for fruit Juices and Cider, veg for Agave Juice, grain for Beers, and dairy for Milk) in addition to Thirst
- Standardized millibuckets (mB) based on real-world volumes. A Bucket or Ceramic Jug = 1 L and a bottle is 250 mL
- Based on that, a full Ceramic Jug of water now fills 1/3 of the player's daily water needs (~3 liters/day)
- Horses will now accept Apples and Carrots as Food in addition to Grains
- Javelins render differently when sitting, walking, or sprinting on a Horse. The angle of the item becomes more horizontal at higher Speeds.
- Coal and Charcoal now Burn 300° cooler
- Seaweed now generates in clumps instead of randomly
- Fish AI improved -they now swim up and down instead of staying at the same y-level
- Mudbrick blocks no longer change to Dirt blocks in the rain
- Items now heat up at a speed relative to the difference between their current temperature of the device heating them. This also applies to cooling and the ambient temperature.
- When Molten Glass solidifies and forms Glass Blocks (1 block per 1,000 units of Molten Glass) the remainder (amount under 1,000 units) will no longer be lost, but will turn in to solidified Glass, which can be reused.
- Slashing and Piercing Wounds now last for 10 minutes instead of 90 seconds. The rate of damage over time has been reduced accordingly. This allows more time to treat wounds before they deal their full damage.
- Primitive Bandages will now reduce the wound timer to 2 minutes
- Beehives now require a full hive of Combs to generate a Fertile Comb and are limited on how often they can make Fertile Combs
- Underground (below y=100) Ambient Temperature is now equal to the Annual Average Temperature (vs 10° in previous versions).
- The Bow can now fire Arrows from horseback
- A proper chat message shows when trying to sleep in a Bed exposed to rain
- Wounds no longer show at 0:00 duration in health tab of the player GUI
- Pollock now spawn
- Wax will not take so long to melt
- fluid filled Barrels will now overburnen the player
- Rope Ladders will no longer dupe when mined with a Pickaxe
- full-block version of Road blocks now give the intended Speed bonus
- Players were having a crash with the crash message "index: 54, expected:". This has been fixed in Creative mode.
- fixed inventory bug that was causing duplication and deletion of Clothing or Barrels, or causing players to respawn with clothes on
- fixed unsmithable Anvil plan recipes where target pointer was too far off center to be reached by required hits/shrinks
- fixed wild Beehives spawning in high numbers close to each other
April 8, 2020
- disabled shift-clicking for Fishing Rod recipes
- missing ja_JP file
- fixed shift-clicking for crafting recipes
- Fixed clothing dupe glitch with Drying Rack
April 7, 2020
- Custom Swimming mechanics. Player floats in water unless wearing Armor and sinks faster the more Armor is worn. While swimming underwater, you can go up and down by looking up and down and pressing forward
- 3 new types of Fish: Wahoo (warmer oceans), Pollock (cooler oceans), and Trout (rivers) in addition to the Bass (lakes)
- Localization: updated version of ja_JP [bug: file is missing], and updated version of zh_TW
- Yeast is now made by leaving fruit or grain in a Food Preparation Area overnight
- Yeast doesn't affect Decay rate or Taste. It can be removed by putting a food item in a fire for any amount of time
- Removed underwater block overlay and made water much clearer
- Sealed empty Barrels no longer encumber players
- Empty sealed Barrels can now be worn on the back as a flotation device
- Fish have new AI and swimming animations
- Repair recipes for Fishing Rods that lose a Hook or need more line
- Default recipe for Fishing Rods gives the rod 1/2 of max durability (max of 255)
- Fishing mechanics changed: durability is removed/added depending on how much line you have out; overcasting causes you to lose your line and Hook; right-click while casting to lock line; if line snaps while a Fish is attached, you lose the Hook and 1/2 the line that was out; switching to different item with line out cuts the line at the pole, losing the Hook and all line that was out.
- Clothing can now be hanged on a Drying Rack to dry in the sun. No String is required. Clothing on a rack will get wet in the rain.
- Wild Crops will no longer die from old age. They can still die from cold temperatures.
- World Generation: new worlds will have variation in the Rainfall data so that deserts can generate in an area +/- 2000 around the old desert location. The area varies on a sine wave with a period of 120k, so the center of the desert will shift north and south as you go east or west.
- All Alcohol-related issues should be resolved because decay is no longer used for fermentation
- Date trees should no longer convert nearby leaves into date leaves/grow their own leaves
- Mobs should collide with road blocks correctly
- Fixed name for Shallow Green Copper Roof in en_US
- Fixed name of Cherry Wine
- Fixed issue with stone Roads displaying the wrong Stone
- Fixed issue with hoppers using the wrong stone
- Vessels no longer incorrectly try to create 10 slime at once, as they are only able to produce 6
- Breaking a Resin collecting Knife will correctly drop the knife item
- Fixed name of Cherry Brandy
- Fixed issue with Distillation that would consume blowpipes
- Fixed issue where bamboo saplings wouldn't grow
- Fixed incorrect Bandage recipe
- Fixed double spaces in certain items in en_US
- Fixed issue where Jack-o-Lanterns would go out after being placed unless they'd been manually relit
- Fixed issue where Cryolite couldn't be ground into Redstone Dust
- Fixed crash/bug where papaya and date Saplings would crash the game when trying to be created in a vessel
- Silk robe repair recipe fixed
- Allowed Aurochsen/Cows to be milked with Ceramic Buckets
- Fixed Wooden Staff incorrectly displaying 10% speed bonus instead of 15%
March 15, 2020
- Alcohol can now be crafted again.
- Ceramic Molds no longer show a health bar
- Candle wicks now render properly for Gold Candle Holders
- Animals should now wake up if they are drowning.
March 14, 2020
- Stick Bundles crafted from 9 Sticks. Reversible recipe, so can be used for stick storage. Also used for crafting Rope Ladders.
- Candles, made from String and melted Wax
- Method to harvest Resin passively from Trees by sticking a Knife in them
- Rope Ladders
- Candle Holders made of brass, silver, sterling silver, rose gold, and gold. Different materials extend burn-out time to different degrees
- Rope is now crafted by right-clicking the ground with 5 Flax, Jute, or Sisal Fibers in hand. No crafting table needed.
- Torches now set blocks on fire! Torches from earlier versions will go out upon updating and will display a warning message when you try to relight them for the first time
- Torches throw off sparks and embers
- Torch recipe is now Straw + Stick + Resin
- Jack-o-Lantern recipe is now Candle + Knife + Pumpkin Shell
- Jack-o-Lanterns are dimmer than Candles, but don't go out in the rain. They last 1.5x the Torch lifespan before burning out.
- Density of trees has been limited to reduce lag in forests
- Dirt/Grass blocks now have a small chance to drop a ball of Clay instead of dirt when broken.
March 10, 2020
- Glass Panes now extend their texture up to meet roof blocks placed above.
- Ceramic Blowpipe being lost in distillation
- Roofs no longer cause suffocation
- Cotton Socks are now craftable
- Cane Wine and Grape Wine now require a yeast source
- Plum Wine can be created
- Orange Brandy and Lemon Brandy are no longer tier 1 alcohols
- Fruit Wine is now called Cherry Wine
- English localization for Honey
- Armor Stands are no longer flipped around when you place them
- Roofs now have proper hitboxes
- Roof centers can now attach to adjacent roofs
March 7, 2020
- Increased fruit tree spawn rate
- Increased flower generation rate
- Allowed all fruits to act as yeast culture starters in Alcohol fermentation in addition to malted grains.
- Roofs now connect to Wattle and Daub
- Fixed Moss crash
- Fixed stalactite crash
- Fixed poppies not generating
- Fixed Melons dropping the vanilla item
- Fixed brine dupe
- Fixed Leaf Litter replacing water
- Fixed crash when typing % while drunk
- Fixed Honeycomb dropping when trees were chopped down
- Fixed naming error on Steep Green Copper Roofs
- Fixed Roofs not protecting players from rain
- Fixed horses accepting multiple saddles
March 6, 2020
- thatch roof peaks
- Copper roof with orange and green versions.
- Juice for each type of fruit
- Alcohol for each type of Juice
- dirt and stone roads
- Salammoniac (ammonium chloride) now spawns around lava fissures. Cotton Bolls soaked in a Salammoinac/water solution will add green patina to copper roofs.
- Shrubs and Undergrowth can now be harvested with a Shovel
- Armor now takes durability damage equal to 1/10th (instead of 100%) of the damage it blocks.
- All Roof code has been rewritten.
- Roofs now have steep and shallow slope variants. (Thatch doesn't have a shallow variant)
- Roof bonus to Body Temperature now applies if a roof is up to 25 blocks above the player's head.
- Snow can now be melted into water in a Large Vessel
- Global Climate is hotter
- Ambient Temperature below sea level slowly approaches 10°C as you get nearer to y:100 and remains constant below that point.
- Lava Fissures now effect Body Temperature.
- Fissures now have a larger stone buffer to reduce forest fires.
- Stalagmites and stalactites are now always limestone and drop limestone rocks when broken
- Fermented Alcohols now require yeast in the form of decayed grain malt
- Fixed animal Name Tags showing entity name instead of custom name.
- Fixed cane and agave juice from being uncraftable
- Rivers should have dirt again
- Fixed beehives giving too much honey
- Fixed bowls being lost when making honeywater
February 19, 2020
- Fixed mysterious fruit tree crash
February 17, 2020
- Added ambient sound effects to Jungles, summer trees, and rivers
- Made crickets chirp during the day
- Added Shrubs to drier areas
- Added stone Hoppers for pressing oil and juices
- Added grape, sugarcane, and agave juices
- Added Beekeeping; wild beehives, a basket hive, and honey
- Allowed Beehives to pollinate fruit trees. This increases yield.
- Added Two new Alcohols: Mead and Honey Brandy
- Right clicking on wood planks while in a boat snaps you onto the planks instead of getting your feet wet
- Added Straw Cordage for making Splints
- Added Fletchings and Stone Flakes, for crafting arrows
- Pit Kiln fires can now spread to Leaf Litter
- Sticks can be used as fuel in Firepits
- Increased output of olive oil from olives by a factor of 10
- Food can display cooked and smoked at the same time
- Enabled vanilla hopper mechanics on iron hoppers
- Made wine, cane wine, and agave wine fermentable from juice
- Increased duration of fractures to 20 minutes
- Increased movement penalty of fractures
- Increased chance to get Wounds and fractures. Now proportional to damage taken
- Fixed Roof rendering when smooth lighting is off
- No longer cold while in boats
February 8, 2020
- Added distillation mechanic and new alcohols.
- Added grain wines.
- Added malting of grains to make beer.
- Added wounds: fractures/broken bones, bleeding, cuts.
- Added splints, casts and bandages to treat wounds.
- Added sterilized bandages to treat wounds or heal HP.
- Added a stone age loom to allow cloth to be made without metal.
- Added a stone age wattle door.
- Added a Large Ceramic Vessel recipe to make Salt by boiling Salt Water.
- Added a Still recipe to make Salt and Fresh Water from Salt Water.
- Doubled the speed of the regular loom to compensate for tech progression.
- Wooden Staff recipe changed to use Pole and Resin instead of Pole and Leather Straps.
- Hunger and Thirst bars now decrease while sprinting or drawing a bow.
- Bow and Composite Bow draw times significantly reduced.
- Vinegar can now only be made with Fermented Alcohols
- Rebalanced climate to fix a calculation error.
February 1, 2020
- Large prepared hides consume slightly more tannin and produce 4 leather instead of 3.
- Large and medium hides can be cut into small hides to help with slime production.
- Tannin can be created again.
January 30, 2020
- Horn strips have been added
- Composite Bow has been added
- Small Raw Hides can be put inside a Large Vessel full of fresh water and placed on top of a firepit to produce slimeballs.
- Clay Bricks have been added
- Generic Fur dropped by Deer and Mouflon
- Large Bricks blocks, which are crafted with Smooth Stone and Mortar
- Wolves drop medium Furs almost always instead of small furs.
- Wolves and Bears have a 50% chance to drop a Fur Scrap instead of a complete Fur.
- Bear and Wolf head hats are no longer crafted using Sewing. They are made by crafting a knife with a complete bear or wolf fur and returns the Hat along with a Fur Scrap.
- Cutting Clothing pieces from a Large Fur will now return a Medium Fur and a Small Fur. This means a Large Fur can now be cut into four pieces of clothing instead of three.
- Non-animal head fur hats are crafted from fur via Sewing.
- Cold resistance on bear/wolf fur head hats and wolf/bear fur boots has been buffed.
- Bear and Wolf AI has been updated to be more deadly. They will attempt to attack an armed player from the side instead of running directly at them.
- Large Ceramic Vessels can be shift-right clicked on top of a Firepit to place it on top.
- Stone Bricks block has a new texture with smaller bricks.
- Animals now move at intended speeds instead of a slow crawl.
- Fixed a crash relating to needles running out of thread
- Low durability Axes were cutting down whole trees
Dec 20, 2019
- Clothing Wetness has been added back to game.
- All footwear provides a minimum movement bonus of +2% on any terrain
- Being inside a Teepee now helps shelter you from the elements and provides some ambient warmth
- Shade now effects Body Temperature. If it's too warm outside during the day, you will feel even warmer while you are in the sun. Standing under a Tree, Roof, or other shade will protect you from the extra heat.
- Straw Hats now provide shade in addition to their normal heat protection.
- GUI for the player inventory now has visible back slot and 4 placeholder slots for future Clothing.
- Clothing can now be put on by shift clicking (but not taken off, due to a dupe glitch)
- Soaked Hides can now be placed on a Stacked Logs block in addition to the Large Log block
- certain grass blocks should no longer render grey
- Bear movement speed
- having a block behind a mob no longer negates Attack Speed
- Chimney textures
- items can be stored in Chests again
- Wooden Staves have attack speed
- added messages when unable to sleep in a Straw & Hide Bed
- fixed the /sps command and made it require debugmode
- monsters not spawning
- Straw & Hide Beds uncreatable
- Allowed Beds to be made with Cotton Cloth
- Allowed Cotton Yarn to be counted as String in recipes
- Cotton not having a texture on a Loom
- Silk String not being consumed when used with a Smoke Rack
- Blowpipes stacking
- Sheep mating crash
Dec 7, 2019
- Fixed crash on servers with skeletons
Dec 5, 2019
- Cotton plants, Cotton, Cotton Yarn, Cotton Cloth, and Cotton Clothing
- Agave, Sisal Fiber, and Tequila
- Cloth Patches for clothing repair. Made of Wool, Silk, Linen, or Cotton
- Hide and Leather Bags: 6-slot portable bag. Degrades over time (20 and 120 days durability). Can't be stored in chests while items are inside. Does not preserve food.
- Stacked Logs block, a building block made from four small logs
- Alternate Rope recipe using sisal fiber instead of jute
- Burlap Sacks are now crafted with a knapping + sewing recipe
- Large Logs can now be added to existing Log Piles (one large log per slot) and used in Charcoal Pits.
- Clothing now has Armor Values
- Damage-dealing weapons now have attack speeds
- Monster spawning should be in line with adjustments to day/night based on latitude
- Jute now spawns in the Africa and Europe Regions in addition to Asia
- Vinegar recipe no longer requires fruit. Leave unsealed barrel of alcohol exposed to air for 24 hrs to make vinegar
- if you're wearing two layers of clothing and it's raining, the inner layer won't get damp
- Game crash when shift-clicking sheep
- Fixed flux being produced instead of plaster when heating gypsum powder directly in a firepit (not in a ceramic vessel)
Nov 26, 2019
- Minerals dropping wrong/unknown items when mined.
Nov 22, 2019
- Sheep/mouflon being frozen in place
- Misnamed plaster block
- Teepees not being destroyed properly when a spear was broken
- Invisible blocks (part of Teepees) missing texture
- Roofs not connecting to Wattle and Daub
- Armor Stand recipe being disabled
Nov 20, 2019
Nature Update Part Two: Animals (Part 2)
- Mountain ranges which spawn at the borders of regions
- Mouflon, the wild sheep. Only grows wool when it is below 10 Celsius. Can eventually be bred into sheep.
- Teepees, constructed from wooden spears and hides. They are beds, but don't set your spawn (or remove your old spawn point, if you had one)
- Two new Copper ores: Chalcocite and Chalcopyrite. Chalcocite spawns in sedimentary rocks and Chalcopyrite spawns in Igneous Intrusive rocks. Copper ore can now be found in all rock types.
- Wattle. Crafted from 4 sticks. It acts as an early fence.
- Wattle and Daub blocks. Mud can be applied to wattle fences in order to make wattle and daub. This is a non-gravity building block. It is not affected by rain
- Straw Foot Wraps. A grass sock.
- Rivers are much larger. Width depends on local Rainfall.
- Winter temperature calculations
- Made dirt layer thinner. This improves how shallow caves interact with the surface and visibility of surface ores
- Updated ore code to allow for new ores to be added
- Berry bushes can now be made in large vessels the same way fruit saplings are produced
- All animals have higher health.
- Cows are taller
- Wild horses have a new texture
- Horses, cows, and mouflon will fight back when attacked. After hitting the player, they will become passive again until they are attacked.
- Bears no longer attack players on sight. Instead, if the bear is hungry and you have food in your inventory, the bear will attack you. You can throw the food on the ground to distract the bear while you run away. If the bear gets full from eating food on the ground, it will stop attacking. If you have no food in your inventory, it will stop attacking. The bear cannot detect food in containers, so store your food in burlap sacks, vessels, or barrels when you carry it around to avoid attracting bears.
- Wolves will also eat food off the ground. This does not increase familiarity, but does fill up their hunger
- Plastered Blocks can now be made by applying Plaster of Paris to planks, mudbricks, wattle and daub, stone bricks, and smooth stone.
- Smooth marble walls will now render like a pillar when placed above or below smooth marble blocks.
- Changed still lava texture
- if there are at least 7 solid stone blocks in the 12 blocks over your head, you get +2 cold, +1 heat
- Removed clay knapping recipe for Clay Tiles.
- Min spawn temps for Aspen, Birch, and Pine slightly raised. Min temp for Spruce slightly lowered.
- Swapped Dolomite and Slate textures.
- Localized names for Wine and Berry Wine.
- Updated the texture for marble and marble blocks
- Updated Armor Stands to function properly again
- thatch roof corners work now
- Vinegar is named properly now.
- Fixes for Leaf Litter replacing water and falling on branches
- Fixed stuttering/extreme slowdown when walking through snow of differing heights
Oct 19, 2019
Nature Update Part Two: Animals (Part 1)
- Replaced wild Pigs with the Wild Boar
- Slate Roofs and Slate Shingles
- New recipe for Clay Tiles which is faster and slightly cheaper
- Large Log variants for pine, spruce, and white cedar trees
- Worldgen changed to replace dirt and gravel with snow and packed ice at latitudes north of -27,000 or south of 27,000.
- latitudes north of -27,000 or south of 27,000 will now tend to stay below freezing year-round.
- Ceramic Tile Roofs buffed to provide +2 cold and +4 heat resistance (was +2/+3)
- Made rivers deeper
- Model, texture, diet, and breeding behavior of Pigs.
- Reduced the density of trees in areas with moderate Rainfall, creating more plains and open areas
- Made Big trees more common
- Made Big trees rounder
- Wolves will now eat meat off the ground. This does not affect familiarity
- When a mob kills an animal, it will drop half as much meat as if an unskilled player killed the animal
- Bass should now occasionally spawn in rivers instead of only in swamps and lakes.
- Changed how client-side celestial angle is calculated, making it rise earlier and set later in the summer in higher latitudes (including 24 hour day and night in the arctic and antarctic). Note: this does not affect the light values of any blocks. Monsters will still start to spawn and despawn at the same times they do currently. There is a config option to disable this system, reverting to the default calculations
- Rewrote animal spawn code in preparation for more animals that will be developed in the future
- Walking through snow is faster with wolf or bear fur boots on
- Linen and silk strings can now be used to tie food to the smoking rack
- Foods no longer have to be brined before being smoked
- texture glitch with Mud Bricks
- lag caused by Chimneys and Firepits
- Crops should spawn more frequently
Oct 6, 2019
- Experimental new fish AI. Should avoid walls better
- Fish movement
- Chimney particles
- Conifer Branches thinned
- Anvils and barrels glitching out when picked up in MP
- Kiln bugfixes
Oct 2, 2019
- MP bug where Kilns crash the server
- Mudbrick blocks are no longer all granite
- Chimney blocks are now a stone type block
Oct 2, 2019
- Ceramic Bucket - A stone-age bucket
- Mud, Mud bricks, and Mudbrick Blocks - Stone-age building blocks made from dried Mud. Not affected by gravity but vulnerable to rain.
- Ceramic Tile Roof Center Blocks
- Thatch Roof - a stone-age version of the Ceramic Tile Roof crafted with Straw Blocks and Sticks.
- Chimney Block - A solid block that allows Firepits and Forges access to the sky. Required for the Kiln.
- Kiln - A multi-block structure for firing clay pottery in the metal age.
- The old Thatch Block (crafted from 4 straw) has been renamed to Straw Block
- Ceramic Tile Roof will now keep you dry in the rain.
Sep 23, 2019
- Glass blocks, panes, and bottles can be re-smelted into glass in a pit kiln. There is some loss.
- Molten Glass recipe now allows Ash (from Firepits) to be used as an alternative to Soda Ash. Twice as much Ash is required. So 1 sand, 1 lime, and 2 Ash.
- Tile roofs now provide ambient temperature buffs: when standing under a tile roof up to 12 blocks above your feet, the ambient temperature will be 3 levels cooler toward your comfort zone and 2 levels warmer towards your comfort zone.
- crash when trying to smelt vanilla items in a pit kiln
Sep 20, 2019
- Glass Blocks. If Molten Glass solidifies inside a Ceramic Vessel the player can now open the vessel and take 1 block of glass per 1,000 units of solidified glass. Any extra glass is lost (ie 2400 units gives only 2 blocks)
- Clay Tiles and Ceramic Tiles used to create the Ceramic Tile Roof
- Smooth Lighting bug on trees
- Player's feet no longer considered wet while in a boat
- Cedar Crash
- Fixed glitchiness with using barrels
- Issues with log damage id's
- Grape maturity not properly resetting on harvest
- Large Ceramic Vessel rendering upside down on the player when in the back slot.
- vanilla mushrooms dropping from Leaf Litter
- Wine and Berry Wine couldn't be used to make vinegar
Nature Update: Part 1
May 25, 2019
- New Trees
- Africa: limba (jungle), baobab (dry plains and forest versions),fever tree,
- Asia: gingko, bamboo (never spawns large logs), Teak
- Any Region: fruitwood ebony,
- mahogany (Americas, Africa, Asia)
- date palm (Europe, Africa, Asia)
- saplings do not naturally spawn for rare trees such as ebony and teak.
- Fruits: papayas, dates, black-eyed peas, and grapes. Grapes take around 2 years to grow, must be planted with a ladder to grow on, and are harvested by right clicking
- wine from grapes
- Item: pole. Crafted from a log or chopped log and a knife
- Item: wooden spear. Crafted from a pole and a knife
- Item: wooden staff, craftable from a leather strap and a pole. Increases movement speed (except sprinting) by +10%, and has custom blocking and attacking animations
- Recipe: craft a pole into two sticks
- Recipe: unstrung bow made with a knife, a pole and any type of string (linen, silk, wool, sinew)
- Ferns, Moss, and three styles of Undergrowth: low, deciduous, and palm
- Fallen leaves on the ground. Chance to drop sticks, mushrooms, or feathers when broken
- Bow drill
- Updated tree generation for all trees
- Acacia trees enabled
- Unique rendering for banana trees
- Tannin recipe now also accepts acacia, fever tree, mahogany, and limba logs
- Fruit tree saplings are now produced by placing a large vessel on the ground with 40+ oz of fruit in the center slot and 2 or more dirt in every other slot and leaving it unsealed and letting the fruit reach 50% decay
- Fruit trees now drop fruitwood logs when chopped down and saplings no longer drop from branches
- Decreased yield of arrow recipe from 8 arrows to 1
- Fishing rod now craftable in 2x2 grid using: pole, string, bone needle, and string (not sinew)
- All items now have a reach modifier by default, items and open fists have 1 reach medium reach weapons have +0 reach far reach weapons have +1 reach
- Added tool mode to the knife to switch between piercing and slashing damage
- Knife renders differently in the hand when holding it in different modes
- Javelins and spears render larger and rest on the ground when standing still
- Custom rendering for fishing rods
- Boulders have a wider range of shapes and sizes
- Hot springs can only spawn in mountains and mountains edge biomes
- Lakes and ponds are less likely to spawn in deserts
- Updated how deserts transition to plains
- Trees will lose their leaves in autumn, forming patches of fallen leaves, and regrow them in the spring
- Updated tree generation to make it a little more fair
- All trees are no longer equally likely to spawn
- Crops, trees, and fruit trees spawn according to the region data
- Region data is visible when holding a compass
- Meat yield from unskilled butchery increased to 50%.
Jul 28, 2019
- Branching generation for many more types of trees, including large and small trees
- Fixed server crash that prevent MP
- Alloys are allowed to be components of themselves. For example: bronze is normally 88-92% copper and 8-12% tin. So long as the ratio of copper:tin is still 9:1, you can have any quantity of bronze mixed in as well.
Jul 27, 2019
- Added Pumpkin and Watermelon as new crops
- Added new generation for small pine trees using the new branch mechanics
- Changed food taste profiles, created ideal taste profiles for each food group (slightly different for each player, but similar), and made the tastes of each food stronger
- Allowed raw meats to be eaten with a chance of getting food poisoning. The chance is 4x food decay percentage, meaning meat at 25% or more has a 100% chance of poisoning.
- Red mushrooms always poison you when eaten raw
- Raw foods restore less hunger than cooked foods (25% less for raw, 50% more for cooked)
- Cooking food will decrease the weight based on water content (with increases to how much cooked food restores, this is still beneficial)
- Some foods restore water when eaten:Melon, Orange, Peach
- Drinking water from a bottle or jug will give you 1:30 or 2:00 of +1 to heat protection
- Standing next to a lit fire pit or forge will give you 0:01 of +1 cold protection each second up until 2:00
Jul 10, 2019
- Regional variant of the straw hat
- Robes made of silk, linen, or wool
- Added functionality for future regional recipes
- Coats are longer and more animated when the player moves
- Fixed bug with high-tier metals
- Fixed closing the sewing container before collecting the item resulting in item loss
- Fixed bamboo spawning
- Fixed backwards texture on grass sandals
Jul 6, 2019 Music Update Part 2
- Palm Trees
- Grass cloak for protection from cold weather
- Horn. Rare drop from Bulls
- Blowing Horn. Instrument crafted from Horn
- Bugle. Instrument crafted from a Brass Tube
- Conch. Instrument crafted from Shells
- Brass Tube
- Tree Generation is now based on region
- Temporarily disabled Acacia generation
- weak steel crash
Jun 20, 2019
- bone flute, made from a rare drop from chickens and pheasants
- drums in two sizes. Can be played with hands or sticks
- Lyre, which can play 5 notes in an Ancient Greek pentatonic scale
- some flute tabs and a note reference into the jar, for anyone interested
- madder and weld plants not giving and roots
Jun 2, 2019
- bottles can now be filled with fresh water and drunk
- fishing rod recipe now requires a bone needle (bottom center tile)
- crash when trying to create glass bottles
May 31, 2019
- skills not increasing beyond novice
- ingot pile rendering
- log blocks not rendering in the player's hand in first-person
May 25, 2019
- inventory item lighting
- clay blowpipes not being able to be placed on the ground
- glass panes never returning the sheet mold
May 24, 2019
- 4 new clothing slots on the player
- sewing mechanic for creating clothes
- bone and iron needles
- sinew as a new drop from animals, serves as an early source of thread for sewing
- flax which can be processed into linen cloth
- wool, linen, or silk cloth can be sewn into shirts, socks, pants, hats, and coats
- bear and wolf furs, which can be sewn into coats, hats, and boots
- dyeing system for clothes and 3 new crops to make dyes for clothing
- straw/grass clothes: a grass shirt, skirt, sandals, and straw hat
- body temperature system: penalties for being too hot or cold. Wetness and proximity to fires or forges are taken into account
- seashells (conchs and scallops) added to beaches. Can be converted into lime in a pit kiln
- new type of alcohol, berry wine, which can be made from most types of berries
- forges and crucibles can be used to directly cast the bronzes or copper into molds
- overhauled the climate system, providing a much more accurate and engaging environment
- spawn now avoids the deserts that now spawn around z = -10000
- speed bonuses to boots and sandals and one of the types of socks when worn on certain surfaces
- Updated ravine generation to discourage pits of death (cave generation still causes PoD, but they're less common)
- dry grass less likely to spawn (this is associated with the vastly increased occurrence of deserts, so dry grass biomes will still exist)
- clay generation more forgiving
- Clay now able to spawn in river biomes regardless of Rainfall
- blowpipe can provide air to fires and forges like a bellows (though not as effective)
- some crashes associated with burlap sacks
- missing texture on goldenrod
- Removed code that slowed the game without providing much benefit
no info available
no info available
no info available
no info available
no info available
no info available
no info available
no info available
no info available
no info available
no info available
no info available
Aug 31, 2018
- Quartzite sand beaches
- Lime. Crafted by heating Limestone or other high Flux Stones. Lime replaces Flux for most uses except metalworking.
- Soda Ash. Crafted by heating Sea Weed. Used in glassworking
- Clay and Ceramic Blowpipe. Used to blow Glass Bottles.
- Clay and Ceramic Sheet Mold. Used to cast Glass Panes.
- Layer of snow on the ground now covers sticks, rocks, and ore nuggets
- Some sands are now have the property "Silica" and can be used in Glassworking
- Castable metals can be poured into the Sheet Mold to create metal sheets
- New Goldenrod texture
- Crashes caused by snowing weather
- When adding materials to a crucible, it cools based on the materials added instead of a set % each time.